Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Come Meet Our New Student President: Chloe Mills


Ever since I can remember, I have tagged along side my Mom as she went to hundreds of different environmental fundraisers, benefits, luncheons and parties. When I was little, I knew there was some good reason we were going to all of these events, but I wasn’t really sure why. Finally around the age of 10 or 12, I understood the reason. The reason was our environment. I wanted to help save our environment but, I didn’t know what I could  do personally. I recycled the bottles I used, and I always reminded my Mom to bring the reusable bags into the grocery store, but I always had the feeling it wasn’t enough. Jump ahead a couple years to when I met Ally Maize. She knew how interested in the environment I was and how passionate I was to try and save it, so she told me about GYM. Immediately I wanted to be a part of it. From the start, I loved GYM’s idea of educating youth, since they are the future. Now that Ally is off to college, she is handing over the reins to me. Believe me I know i have big shoes to fill but I have great aspirations for GYM. I want to be the one to transition GYM from a small organization of passionate environmentalists to a nationwide and maybe one day internationally known organization. 

No comments:

Post a Comment